Sunday, April 23, 2006

back to my old self

I think I am finally feeling normal and healthy again! Hallelujah! I'm so excited to be alive and well and on the road to recovery. My staples come out of my head tomorrow. I made sure I got some pictures of them so I can remember the battle. After they come out, the rest of my recovery will be a breeze. The only thing I have to decide is where I want to vacation before I go back to work. I have a few good options, it just depends on how much I want to spend.

1 - go to Vancouver for 4 days - strictly for retail therapy
2 - go to London for a week - mostly retail therapy, partly just because I love London
3 - go to Hawaii (enough said) - laying on the beach for a week (hell yeah)
4 - go to Italy (strictly to eat, learn to cook, and learn Italian)

So out of the 4, Italy would be the most extravagant, and probably the most indulgent too. Vancouver is the most reasonable, and the $$$ I save on the flight can be used to shop. Hmmmm....decisions decisions. What's a girl to do?

I still haven't told my work how long I'm taking off. I would like to milk it for as long as possible. After all, I don't intend on this ever happening again. And I'll basically be going back to the grind for the REST of my LIFE. If I don't seize the moment now, then when will I ever get the chance to again? Thank God I have a good amount of savings to dip into!

And this is all part of the recovery and healing process right?

2 comments:

Jo said...

C'mon! You know you want to come to London!
You can stay at my lovely flat complete with roof terrace, skylight, and a full five channels on the television.
haha,
Well, nice to know you're back to your old self. Keep up the good recovery!

Anonymous said...

I think you'll want to come to Vanocuver. You can have all the food you want here, hahaha, we all know how much you love food. And to help you recover even faster, all meals are on me when you come!!!
I'll be home next week tho, hahaha.. so this offer has a blackout period from May to June.
Vien