"I embrace emerging experience. I participate in discovery. I am a butterfly. I am not a butterfly collector."
Sadly the weekend is almost over. Didn't do much even though it's been gorgeous out!
Yesterday went for drinks at my supervisor's house. By drinks I mean I had an ounce of some Bacardi cooler. I even had ice with it so as to "water it down." I really need to up my alcohol tolerance. Joanne, how did you do it? I need help!
Anyhoo, it wasn't at all awkward as I thought it might be. But that' s me being all worried and anti-social. Glad I decided to go cuz it was really quite fun. Oh, Miss Ange from Vibe was there, but I didn't get to talk to her much as she was on the other side of the deck. Was secretly listening to her though, and yup, she sounds exactly the same as on the radio!
After that I met up with Ngoc at Tim Horton's in the ghetto. I had a sandwich only b/c I was desperate. Even still, it was really gross. Ewww! Anyways, it was nice to stay out later, seeing as how it was Saturday and we aren't grandmas yet! Even though I'm starting to feel like one.
I got a call regarding my community theatre audition. It went something like this:
"Hi Anh, this is ____. Unfortunately, I don't see you fitting into this production. But you did do well. I hope to see you at future auditions. Thanks."
Sounds pretty good right? Well this is where inflection comes in. This guy's obviously a director and not an actor, cuz his whole "you did well" segment sounded so forced and like he was about to snicker any moment.
Oh well, I'm not at all disappointed. I know I did a crap job, and would've been surprised if I'd been called back.
There's always next time, and in the end, it's their loss, not mine!
1 comment:
Sucks about the audition, but I'm sure you'll have tons more in the future. As for the drinking, just follow...
Joanne's "Steps to being an experienced lush":
1. Eat before you drink. Stuff like bread and pasta are great for this.
2. Drink slow. Take tiny sips, pace yourself. You're drink shouldn't be cold anymore by the time you're at the bottom.
3. Drink water inbetween drinks.
4. If you feel yourself starting to get drunk, just stop drinking.
And next week...how to make your own crack pipe!
hahaha, am I a bad role model, or what?
Post a Comment