Saturday, July 29, 2006

Memories.....

Hung out with Ngoc and Hooda today since everybody else was either out of town or busy. It was loads of fun. First Ngoc and I went to Chinatown where we ate at Gee Gong, then went to Dragon City for some Bubble Tea, and my very necessary bakery stop (cream puffs, mmmmm). Afterwards we sang karaoke at Ngoc's house. Ahhhh karaoke. so much fun.

Later Hooda joined us, and came in just in time to hear me butcher "Karma". Didn't scare her off though. I then drove our asses to go masticate, whilst listening to some Indian music (that was left in my car when I bought it). Very fun.

At Boston Pizza we started going down memory lane....and then we looked at old yearbooks and photos. They are freakin hilarious. My favorite pics are those of Thinh and Jason cuz they've changed so much. From geeks to freaks? I realized how cute I used to be (no wonder I was such a "stud". what happened?). And how much I smiled with my teeth. Been a long time since I've done that.

Anyhoo, when I got home I went through my grade 12 yearbook. And noticed that Lynda and Thinh didn't sign it! Horror of horrors!! You guys owe me a good message. It's so funny reading all of them. I'll try to start posting some of the messages soon. What ever happened to David Maher? I need to call him one of these days.

Oh, I also noticed that almost everyone who signed my yearbook called me a weirdo and said I'd be rich and famous.

Just so you know, you're all wrong. I'm not rich or famous. And I'm definitely not weird.....
we all know I'm the most NORMAL person you guys know. Bar none. By far.

Actually, John put it best. He said the both of us are Normal and it's the rest of you who are all abnormal.

Haha! so true.

Anyways, I'll try to add some more memories to Lucy's and Ngoc's list, but maybe tomorrow. High school rocked. We had so much fun and did so many weird but memorable things.

But best of all we met each other.

And if it weren't for that, where the hell would I be now?

Who would I make fun of and laugh at/with? Emphasis on the laugh AT part.


4 comments:

Lucy Chen said...

Hi Anh!

Haha, your weekend sounded like it was awesome!!

We all should get together to browse through old school stuff. Who was the one who dug out the yearbooks this time? haha! Who still has our Junior High yearbooks?

Meh, the prediction that you will be rich and famous could still come true. Give yourself more credit than that Anh! :)

Lets get together again this week!

Lucy

Anonymous said...

My bestest memory:

When Jason got you a HUGE thing of flowers and you thought that it was me who got them for you. Then you proceeded to thank me and hug me in front of Jason (whilst I had a dumbfounded look on my face)!!

That was awesome....especially Jason's response to you: "You dork...." then we both had a good laugh at your expense. "You think I would swoop in on my best buds girl?!!"

Sorry i had to mention this, but its soooo funny when you think about it. Oh we were weird in HighSchool...everything was like the end-of-the-world.

Oh and remember when Jennifer Ginn used to like me and I avoided her like a plague? You guys made fun of me too, bastards.

Also, remember, Thinh, when you me and Jason were playing "squeeze eachother with legs" and you squeezed me until I farted. Those were the days.


-john

Anh said...

HAAAA HAAH! You made me laugh out loud at work with your comment John. Unfortunately, laughing aloud when by yourself does nothing for my reputation.

Those are so funny....especially the whole making you fart part. Well no, all of them are pretty hilarious. Wonder what ole Ginn's up to now? By the way, do you think it's any coincidence that you're marrying a girl named Jenn? I think not.....

Unknown said...

Oh John's comment made me laugh out loud too!