Thursday, June 01, 2006

Tornado zone

When I thought I might be dying, guess what I was worried about? How messy my room was! I didn't want my family to be burdened with my mess. One would think that's enough of an incentive to clean it. Somehow I'm hardwired to be a pack-rat. Other than that, I've had no time this week, but I'd better do something about it before I go back to work. It's amazing and disgusting how much junk one accumulates in one's lifetime. I wish I was better at letting go of material things. And old schoolwork. It's scary to think of how much more stuff I'll have as my life goes on. I'm not sure where it comes from, but it's definitely symptomatic of our society today. Buy buy buy. It's never enough. You always want more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seriously!!!! Anh, if you don't let go of the past, how will the future come?!?!? You don't have to throw everything away. For example, your school work: save the assignments that mean something to you (i.e., 100%, awesome writing, etc.). Shelves woould really help. categorize everything into fashionable boxes. Have a garbage, keep, donation and a think about it piles. A lot of the stuff you're holding to could be something that someone else is in need of but can't afford.

I know it's hard but trust me, once you do it you'll feel a load just lifts right from you! If you need help, I'll come help! I'll be the mean one that yells at you to let go of your stuff!