So today was a busy day....
First off - had lunch with my family and friends at the All-you-can-eat place at Deerfoot Mall. It was lots of fun and the egg tarts were fantastic! Unfortunately, I only got to eat 2 of them....other than that, Vien brought her grandma and she's the cutest thing ever! So sweet! Everytime I look at her I go 'awwww.' Thanks guys for coming and thanks again for being there for me when I needed you (re: in the hospital). We need to go out more often before the summer's gone.
Afterwards, I went to a bridal shower. It was in Signal Hill, and being me, I got lost getting there. I was about 2 1/2 hours late by the time I got there, but I was obviously going on Chinese time (hel-lo!). It was my first wedding shower and really neat. Everyone who went had to write a recipe on an index card which was then made into a recipe book for the bride-to-be. Also, there was a timer during the gift-opening, and when it beeped, the person who's gift was being opened received a party gift. Everyone also had to write a "recipe for love" which was then read by the bride and she had to guess who wrote what. I think there were other games that I missed too, but it was really interesting and well done. Gives me some ideas to steal if I ever have to throw one.
Later, I went to a party for my friend Rebecca who's leaving to teach English in Korea for a year. The party was in Woodbine, which I've never been to before, but I found it quite easily which was amazing. Her friends all seemed really nice and down to earth, and for once in my life, I got along fabulously with all of them even though I'd just met them. The best part of the evening? There were some hippies sitting in a field with guitars and bongo drums and those wool sweaters that hippies wear. We didn't know them, but we joined them and sat there listening to them sing. There was a blanket spread on the grass and they were sitting in a circle. They even made the circle bigger so that we could join. Me and 2 other girls looked like total uptown girls so it was odd in a funny way....in a "which of these do not belong?" sort of way. Anyways, I kept thinking we'd all break into a rendition of Kumbaya and start holding hands and stuff. As if the whole situation wasn't strange enough, we saw a deer wandering in the field and it sat down to take a crap. If I wasn't so sober I'd think I was hallucinating. It was so close to us, and then it pranced away. Weird.
But fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment