Friday, June 02, 2006

Focus!

As some of you might know, my brother was planning on moving to LA to pursue a career as a poker player. He's not moving there anymore, but he still plans on playing poker as a job. He's the other "smart one" in the family and could've been a doctor if he'd wanted to. And that's where it gets a little depressing. I believe I could've been a doctor too, if that was my desire (it wasn't and still isn't) and if I had some focus. My brother gets bored easily and switches jobs a lot. Both of us get so restless, lazy, and we lack focus. Everytime I've set goals I've been able to meet them. Problem now? I've stopped setting goals. I know what I want to do, but I'm afraid to commit. It's as though I'm setting myself up for failure, making excuses so I can blame something. But even in school I was never able to sit and study. Good thing I was able to coast or I never would've made it! Does anyone think it could be an adult form of ADHD? I seriously don't know why I've been like this my whole life. Even now, I'll spend time reading celebrity gossip when I know I could be so much more productive. I can't even sit still long enough to watch all the movies my supervisor lent me! Or sit down and finish a book. I wish I was like Thinh who can focus his energy and become an expert on so many things! Instead I have a little general knowledge about a little bit of everything (sports excluded) and feel like I will never become an expert on anything....well, maybe an expert on bumming around!

1 comment:

Thinh said...

Hey Anh,

It's not that I'm an expert at what I do, it's just that I tend to get so into what I'm doing, or what's interests me at the moment.

Right now, I'm into the whole IT world and I just want to be the best than I can be, and nothing else.

Now if only I could work so hard towards my health.

But don't worry too much. You're great at what you do now and you have way too many untapped talents. You just need to lay back on the Pepsi and just use that bottled energy that you have inside of you.

WhoO!