So I told my mom that I'm going to BC with Jason this weekend. Waited for her to flip out, but amazingly she didn't. That's what happens when I tell her instead of asking her. That way I'm in the position of power. Asking her would imply that I'm subordinate or lower-status. I'm glad she's not freaking out. I think she's starting to realize that I can monitor how I'm feeling. Or maybe I just had really good timing. I did ask her after my neice made her laugh a lot......hmmm....either way, this is making me think I'll be okay to book my trip to London now. I'm thinking of going in mid-June and I'll probably book the tix before the end of the week? We'll see....this trip is always changing so who knows....
I went to the hospital today for a CT scan. Something's happened to my veins. They've gotten even smaller than before. It took 3 times before the IV took. Brought back bad memories of the hospital! Damn low blood pressure. Wish I had Thinh and Jason's veins - they're practically bulging and asking to be poked by needles. Oh well. The contrast fluid was quite painful going in and stung quite a bit. I kept thinking of Wolverine. Yes, that's adamantium....hurts like a bitch but will make me stronger in the end. Creative yes? Works for me anyways.
By the way, I am going to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert! Hurrah! My sister tried so hard to get tix and I really had no hope, but we were able to get two second-balcony tix. I'm so happy. Love Anthony Kiedis, he just seems like a cool dude (albeit a sleazy drug addicted one) but cool nonetheless. It's gonna be so awesome. I've wanted to go to their concert every time but a) they were always sold out, and b) I had no one to go with.
That's it for now, I gotta go buy the new cd and memorize all the lyrics to all their songs. Oh, and buy a lighter for all those ballads. Hmmm, and maybe score a tattoo while I'm at it. You know. Just so I won't stand out so much.
1 comment:
hey anh! I finally got to an internet cafe where I haven't been followed by some strange Indian guy demanding my e-mail address and sneaking looks at my boobs! (that's what happened last time. some guy followed me from the post office all the way to the internet cafe and followed me and my friend for FIVE HOURS until we finally lost him. i am losing it here. I'll send you a postcard when I've overcome my fear of being stalked in the post office and hwen I can be guaranteed I won't get slapped around by monkeys on my way tot he post office. seriously. there's a tree full of them lurking on the path to the post office and they slap your head and try to steal your hat. monkeys are FREAKS.) anyhow, where was I? Oh yes. Hope the CT scan went well and that your vein shrinkage isn't permanent. I tried to inject a calf's veins today and I thought of you because I hada to jab the poor thing three times in the neck before I finally got blood flow. Thank goodness I'll never have to give you an IV! I shouldn't be let near humans or suffering animals for that matter. Have fun in BC and good stuff (gosh I sound like Mr. Woodrow. remember him?) for being assertive with your mom. She seems like a reasonable lady anyways. Gosh I have so much more I want to type but I should cut this short! Take care and thanks for hte e-mail!
Post a Comment