Made Kraft dinner for lunch, but I made it last night. Anyone who's ever tried to eat mac 'n cheese the day-after knows how disgusting and un-saucy it is. So I decided to put the cheese sauce in a zip-lock bag and add it to my pasta right before consumption. Simple yet effective.
According to my co-workers, I was "crazy" and "doing it all wrong."
"No one mixes the cheese sauce separately," they protested.
"Well, I do."
"I've never seen anyone do that before. You're supposed to mix the sauce with the macaroni at the same time."
These protestations of how I had made the mac 'n cheese "all wrong" continued until I lashed out,
"there's not just one way to do something! And it's my lunch, I can do whatever the hell I want."
Obviously, it's not just about macaroni and cheese.
I don't believe there's a right way or only way to do something. How can great ideas, innovation, creativity, ever manifest by this sort of limited thinking?
I should mention that I also had bacon bits in my mac 'n cheese for some protein, as well as some bona fide Real cheese. I don't think it's a weird combination by any stretch. But it's also not the norm according to said co-workers.
Normal is boring! So much for working in a "creative" workplace!
I'm glad I'm weird. I'm quirky, illogical, and unconventional, and I'd even use odd as a qualifier.
Whatever. At least I'm never bored!
And btw, I realize I haven't posted in a gazillion years, but am going to try to be better. It's not for lack of drama, that's for sure. I've just had no time to recover from 'life', and even less time to blog about it. Just don't give up on me yet!
And one more thing, I've been having major stomach issues ever since I ate Green curry at John's house Saturday. He said he'd put boogers in it. I think he may have put some other secret ingredients as well. Feel very crappy. Literally.
And on that note, Happy Valentine's Day!!
1 comment:
Dude! You're back! Hurray! Was running low on blogs to read while I was slacking off at work.
Anyhow, you're so right about the mac n cheese. Those people need to think outside the box more! hmph!
Take care with the booger bug!
Post a Comment