Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy New Year!

Yesterday, celebrated with what Chinese New Year's is all about - food and money! I love that I still get money from my relatives, even though I'm getting old....more reason to stay single for a few more years! Then again, my 30 year old brother's still getting money, so I shouldn't feel so bad.

Had a massive family dinner, along with requisite chinesefamilydinnerchaos. It was sooooo unorganized, people running everywhere, missing utensils, dishes that needed to be reheated because everyone was late, and generally, way too little table space. Oh yeah, and it was LOUD. I felt for Jason. His family dinners are the exact opposite. They're organized, well-planned, quiet, and they make use of their silverware and fine china. We used paper plates.

Hey, you wouldn't want to do the dishes of 20 people either.

The best part is there's still tons of leftovers. I can never enjoy family dinners b/c I'm trying to get things organized (and I'm terrible at it). Good thing for leftovers.

In other highly exciting news (I don't get out much anymore - sorry!)....my room's CLEAN! All because of Jason. He should really start a business to help messy people get organized, he's that good at it. I'm just relieved he's not turned off by my scatter-brain. Of course, I can imagine the conflict we'll have over this incompatibility once we live together! But will plead ignorance for the time being.

Anyway, Vien's back for a few days, hope she can add some excitement to my life...haven't gone out out in ages...

Happy New Year folks! If you need help spending your lucky money, I'm here for you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Anh! Glad you had an awesome celebration!!! May this year bring you much love, peace and happiness!