Wednesday, December 20, 2006

secret life of engineers

Why is it that everything's so busy in preparation for the holidays, that when they come, you actually NEED a holiday b/c you've been so busy stressing out? It doesn't make sense!

And why why WHY does my station have to launch a completely new schedule and a bazillion new programs (for which I have to write lots of promos for) on Christmas EVE? Couldn't they just wait a few weeks?? Let me have my holiday eaterizing and gain a few more rolls on my stomach! I want to get fat damn it! But nooooo... I don't get it...

but I digress...so I'll keep this brief, partly b/c I know you're all busy, but mostly b/c I'm damn tired and need to sleep yo.

I have an inkling Jason has a secret life. You'll probably agree with me once you hear what happened. Sure he looks unsuspecting, but that's exactly why he's suspect.

At the Ottawa airport, on the way to NY, his baggage gets a "random" search. They open his suitcase and go through some things. No problem.

Then he goes through the metal detector and it beeps. He is then asked to 'step aside' and is hand-searched. Again, no issues.

Then he is accosted by a customs official who notices that he's been to Pakistan and India. He is asked questions about his job, how long he was there, and etc.

All the while I'm standing there watching this, silently laughing to myself, and wishing I had a camera as it was quite funny. But after some thought....it all sounds mighty suspicious....

...any thoughts?

2 comments:

Anh said...

Hey John,

I can hear your voice as I was reading that - STOP being so CONDESCENDING!!! I was JOKING. I am not stupid, I obviously know ppl are doing their jobs. Just thought it was funny that he was checked 3 times at one airport, and neither of the officials had spoken to each other. Just seemed like he was 'flagged' before he got there, which was funny to me. That's all.

Thinh said...

Fucking Terrorists!