Monday, August 07, 2006

New niece!

I have a new niece! Just got a call from my sister that she finally had the baby....a baby girl! She went into the hospital Saturday night, and tried to give it naturally, but finally had to have a c-section. Man, giving birth sounds sooo tough!

I'm so excited to see my new niece. I explained to Cheyanne that she was now a big sister and she got so happy and then said "I can't carry the baby because I'm not strong enough. I'm only big a little." What a total cutie pie!

Gonna go see the baby soon, will try to update later....


...Went to see my sis in the hospital. According to my mom and sister, the new baby, named Breanne, is a lot cuter than Cheyanne was when she was born. Poor sister though, I know she's exhausted. And now she has to recover from surgery. Reminds me of my traumatizing days in the hospital.


I didn't hold the baby cuz I was scared my arms would be too bony. That, and I don't know how to hold newborns. I know I know, I'll make a 'great' mother one day. The baby was cute! Can't wait until she learns how to talk though. Wonder if she'll be a chatterbox like Cheyanne.

So it turns out that I wasn't even supposed to see the baby. I'd snuck into the ward (albeit unknowingly) and got caught by a mean nurse. Only the baby's grandparents, parents and siblings can see the mother. oops. The mean nurse yelled at Alannah too, and Alannah got so pissed off that she said "Well, you don't have to raise your voice!" She was mad that she didn't have more comebacks, but it was pretty brave anyways. If it had been me I wouldn't have said anything. Ah, teenage rebellion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Anh! That's so exciting!!! Any names yet?? Cheyanne is uber cute!

Anyways, I noticed I was the first to reply to your evite. Feel so uncool!

Lucy Chen said...

Awwwwwww! Cheyanne is so cute!

And another baby! How exciting!! Keep us updated on the stats!